June 28, 2021
NOW ON THIS DAY THE COUNTY COMMISSION met pursuant to law in the Courthouse in the City of Lamar, MO.
Ben Reed moved to accept the minutes of the June 21, 2021 meeting as read. Jeff Tucker seconded and all agreed.
- Approved June Expenditures
- Approved Liquor Licenses – Stateline Pit Stop (2)
- Approved time sheets to be paid on Thursday, July 1, 2021.
- Information was received from Dispatch Director Tonya Potter that Sue Casey had resigned her dispatch position effective June 18, 2021.
- County Commission signed a three year contract with Net Vision. This is for electricity to the tower in Liberal that they use for internet services.
- County Commission met with Sheriff John Simpson, Chief Deputy Justin Erhsam, Judge David Munton, Prosecuting Attorney Mike Smalley and Lamar Police Officer John Davis. They discussed the conditions of the jail. They will meet again the 19th of July to discuss it further.
- Information was received from the Sheriffs Department that Ozzy Straw had resigned his jailer position on May 30, 2021.
- County Commission toured the jail cells and made a decision to transfer all inmates to other facilities so that painting and cleaning could be done. The two jailers that are left will be in charge of the cleaning and painting of the cells. They will also do the transporting of prisoners.
- As of June 27, 2021 starting wages for new jailers will be $12.00 per hour. Jailers already employed will increase to $12.50 per hour for the Jail Administrator and $12.00 per hour for others.
Present were: Mike Davis, Presiding Commissioner; Ben Reed, District One Commissioner; Jeff Tucker, District Two Commissioner and Kristina Crockett, County Clerk